Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Personal Distribution Lists
  •  
BobH

Send a private message to this user
Up till this version of Keriomail, the only one who could create distribution lists was the administrator. I was happy to see the inclusion of personal distribution lists. However, there is a difference in how they work.

When I e-mail to an administrator-created distribution list, the resulting e-mail has the distribution list as the recipient. When I e-mail to a personal distribution list, all members of the distribution list show up as recipients. There are cases where I don't want recipient to know who else is on the list or I don't want 30 or more recipients listed. Is there any way to suppress that or make it behave the same as an administrator-created distribution list?

Thanks.
  •  
winkelman

This is noraml behaviour for (user) distribution lists. You could put the distribution list in the BCC field...
  •  
BobH

Thanks. That's an acceptable work-around for us.

I'm not sure why they would design the personal distribution list to work differently than the admin-created list.

It would be nice if there was an option in the personal distribution list window to either suppress or allow addresses display.

•  
winkelman

An admin created group is not recognizable as such from 'outside'. A user sending a message to a 'server group' may not even be aware of the fact that it's a group. And if (s)he is aware, (s)he might not be allowed to know the groups’ members. Neither should the members necessarily need to know the other members. So those facts should not be revealed by displaying all members to the receivers.

A self-created distribution list differs from this, of course.

That might be a reason why they behave differently?
Previous Topic: What happens when an email user flags a message as spam?
Next Topic: Replying with the correct address
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 20:39:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.