Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio MailServer 6.3.0 beta
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone,

please enjoy a new KMS 6.3.0 beta. It contains a lot of improvements and namely support for over-the-air synchronization of mobile devices.

Major new features:
+ Over-the-air synchronization with Microsoft mobile devices via ActiveSync protocol
+ Support for Internet Explorer 7 (Beta)
+ Support for FireFox 2 (Beta)
- WAP was discontinued

Supported mobile platforms:
- Windows Mobile 5.0
- Windows Mobile 5.0 with AKU2 (Messaging and Security Feature Pack)
- Windows Mobile 2003
- Windows Mobile 2003 SE
- Windows Mobile 2002
- PocketPC / Pocket PC Phone Edition / SmartPhone Edition
- Palm Treo 650 (ActiveSync 1.0)

Link for download & Release history: http://www.kerio.com/beta_section.html

Please send your feedback (thanks, bugs, opinions etc.) to kms-beta<_at_>kerio.com.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 October 2006 17:17] by Moderator

•  
winkelman

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 12 September 2006 12:08

+ Over-the-air synchronization with Microsoft mobile devices via ActiveSync protocol

WOW! I suspected something like this was coming, but I did not suspect it was coming so soon. Very nice indeed!

Too bad I do not have a test-server to test this beta. It's going to be a long wait for me until 6.3.0 reaches final status. Hurry up! ;-)
  •  
scottwilkins

ACK! WHAT!

WE USE WAP!!!

You better get full support for Blackberry (offline KOC) before you do that!

•  
Alain

Still nothing about Offline KOC...

Alain
  •  
scottwilkins

I'm starting to think that Kerio is working inside a bubble and not giving any thought to their users. Removing features that a needed by some, and not putting all resourced toward a goal that all users feel is needed instead of any other feature or changes.

They need to be working 100%, all resources, all efforts toward off-line KOC abilities. Nothing else, period.

It's getting to the point that it's beyond simple common sense that there is only one goal needed. Everything else needs to be put off until this one feature is put in place.

Kerio! Please wake up!

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Offline KOC is being developed by another development group. Current KMS releases do not take any resources from KOC development.

Regarding WAP: That's why we are making beta versions and asking our customers for feedback.
  •  
scottwilkins

Thanks for the info.

In my project management experience. If customers were as vocal about an issue as most here have been. I would have pulled any and all resources from all projects to focus on that issue and that issue alone. Absolutly nothing else would be touched until that goal is achieved. Kerio does not leave me with a good feeling on their ability to handle developement issues. It's just too obvious that any changes other than the most important are not good in any way, shape or form. If anyone is working on anything other than the issue deemed most important by the majority of customers, then the work is not being done properly. Period.

Fire your Project Managers and get some that understand and know how to get the job done.
  •  
winkelman

scottwilkins wrote on Tue, 12 September 2006 16:23

They need to be working 100%, all resources, all efforts toward off-line KOC abilities. Nothing else, period.

You (and a lot of other people) may be in need of offline KOC support, but I (and a lot of other people) am not. So a) making offline KOC the single feature to be working on is pure nonsense and b) Kerio has stated often enough that indeed KOC offline support is a top priority. Either you believe that or you don't, but IMHO there is no need for your (little bit self-centered) comments in this matter.

I do not want to start some flame, or (re)start a discussion that we've had several times now on this forum, but I wanted to voice my opposing opinion to say not everyone is in dire need of offline KOC.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 September 2006 17:12]

•  
scottwilkins

If you are not in dire need of off-line support, then why did you come here to start a flame war? Please keep YOUR self centered comments to yourself.

If you need a feature, great. Send Kerio a message and/or post something here. If you don't need a feature, commenting to the negative about someone else, or a LOT of others need for that feature makes you look very self centered.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 September 2006 17:21]

•  
sonofcolin

Quote:

You (and a lot of other people) may be in need of offline KOC support, but I (and a lot of other people) am not. So a) making offline KOC the single feature to be working on is pure nonsense and b) Kerio has stated often enough that indeed KOC offline support is a top priority. Either you believe that or you don't, but IMHO there is no need for your (little bit self-centered) comments in this matter.

I do not want to start some flame, or (re)start a discussion that we've had several times now on this forum, but I wanted to voice my opposing opinion to say not everyone is in dire need of offline KOC.

Winkelman has my support on this. I'm sick of hearing about this KOC nonsense! If you need Outlook you need Exchange. Get over it.
  •  
sedell

I would have to agree about the development process. Aside from offline mode which is severely needed by anyone using KOC (most of the Windows shops lured by the promise of an Exchange alternative) and having laptops, bug fixes don't seem to be enough of a priority. I have a list of open bugs, several dating back to 2005 that are still open. Those should be resolved PRIOR to adding new features and bells and whistles.

Scott
  •  
scottwilkins

[quote title=sonofcolin wrote on Tue, 12 September 2006 17:21]
Quote:

Winkelman has my support on this. I'm sick of hearing about this KOC nonsense! If you need Outlook you need Exchange. Get over it.

sonofcolin,

Just like I edited in the above message. If you don't need a feature, then fine. Commenting to the negative about the needs of others is very self centered. Keep those comments to yourself please. If you don't want to hear it, then you know how to close your web browser.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 September 2006 17:24]

•  
scottwilkins

sedell wrote on Tue, 12 September 2006 17:22

I would have to agree about the development process. Aside from offline mode which is severely needed by anyone using KOC (most of the Windows shops lured by the promise of an Exchange alternative) and having laptops, bug fixes don't seem to be enough of a priority. I have a list of open bugs, several dating back to 2005 that are still open. Those should be resolved PRIOR to adding new features and bells and whistles.

sedell, You are very correct. Bugs should take priority. I'd like to re-state that my comments above were directly only toward new features, and not the repair of issues. So far for us Kerio has been a very solid product. Not perfect, but very solid. At least until both laptops and PIM devices started invading our business. Now the need for KOC offline is very important. So much so, that as long as Kerio continues to release new features outside of this goal, I will not see that they are properly customer focused.

In the mean time, I have to field issues from my users on why we can't meet their needs yet. And, like you, wait for some problems to get fixed while Kerio seems to think new features that affect only a few are important. Just like sonofcolin, I'm tired of hearing about this need for offline, it should be here already. But, I still have to hear it from my users. It's needed yesterday. Just like the bug fixes. Any other new feature is unwelcome and unwanted until other issues are addressed.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 September 2006 17:37]

•  
sonofcolin

All messages are in my mailbox, so it isn't a browser issue. I haven't worked out how to ignore all KOC related messages yet.

Please review the history of this debate (search function helps) so that we don't have to go over and over the whole issue again.

I will summarize for you:
1. KOC offline mode - they're working on it.
2. when will it be available? - When it's ready.

Threats of KMS abandonment, user insights into how to develop a product and general toy throwing have genrally had little effect so far.
scottwilkins

sonofcolin wrote on Tue, 12 September 2006 17:37

All messages are in my mailbox, so it isn't a browser issue. I haven't worked out how to ignore all KOC related messages yet.

Please review the history of this debate (search function helps) so that we don't have to go over and over the whole issue again.

I will summarize for you:
1. KOC offline mode - they're working on it.
2. when will it be available? - When it's ready.

Threats of KMS abandonment, user insights into how to develop a product and general toy throwing have genrally had little effect so far.

Do you realize how unhelpfull you are?
Previous Topic: Forwarding Mail Delivery Subsystem messages
Next Topic: Standard Folder Names
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 10:22:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00593 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.