Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » import 500 domains to whitelist
  •  
lodewijk

Send a private message to this user
i asked my boss for a list of domains of our clients so i can whitelist them (we've had some "real mail" blocked by (spamcop) blacklist)

he took it pretty seriously, considering he made me a list of allmost 600 domains...

damn... how am i gonna import that?

all suggestions welcome! running kerio on osx...
  •  
Nico Mohr

we have the same problem.
  •  
sedell

Importing a list of domain names will not prevent bounces from blacklists. Blacklists are entirely IP based, and never look at the domain.

Scott
  •  
Dave S

I'm still running KMS-6.1.4 (upgrading this weekend). Since the white-list function in this version of KMS doesn't apply to RBL's, I had to build a Linux SMTP Gateway to forward all filtered (RBL Checks)incoming mail before it hit the KMS. This way, I could add my white-list to the gateway. It actually helps take quite a load off of the KMS which uses the built in spam scoring only.
  •  
Slaine

sedell wrote on Thu, 14 September 2006 14:24

Importing a list of domain names will not prevent bounces from blacklists. Blacklists are entirely IP based, and never look at the domain.

You can bypass this by assigning a score to the to blacklist result, rather than blocking it. In this way the mail will be accepted and can be overridden using the custom rules.

The importing is a pain in the neck though. I sit with the same problem with 300 domains that I'd like to whitelist, and about 1800 I'd like to blacklist.

KMS has a really nice and easy to use interface, but I really miss the text-file approach in instances like these. I suppose one could start hacking into the mailserver.cfg file, but if things go wrong it'll go very wrong... (and I think half the Kerio Support staff would cringe at the mere suggestion, thus I would NOT suggest it)

- Pierre Roux
http://www.ozone.co.za/ (My Job)
http://seven.dfx.co.za/ (My Hobby)
  •  
lodewijk

more text-file input would be great indeed...
thanks for all your info guys!
Previous Topic: Add user with scripting, vbs, js..
Next Topic: shared folder access rights problem in KMS ver5.6.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:29:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00410 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.