Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Munin & Nagios integration
  •  
csgyurik

Send a private message to this user
Dear All,

I have got nagios standard plugins to check the SMTP, IMAP, WEB... protocolls. But I need the following:
- Check the numbers of the connections
- check the message queue
- I want to make an allert messages if there is any issue with the system

Regards

[Updated on: Thu, 14 September 2006 17:37]

•  
jshaw541

csgyurik wrote on Thu, 14 September 2006 06:05

Dear All,

I have got nagios standard plugins to check the SMTP, IMAP, WEB... protocolls. But I need the following:
- I want to make an allert messages if there is any issue with the system

Regards

If you're running KMS on a Windows server, you can use the check_nt plugin to do this. This is what I do.

For example, to check current IMAP connections, I use:

/path/to/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H your.mail.server.com -v COUNTER -l "\\Kerio MailServer\\IMAPConnectionsCurrent"

This command returns a single "integer" value with the counter's value.

As far as getting queue values, I don't see a counter for this. One hack may be to figure out the file/directory structure for queued messages on the server and write a script that counts this.

BTW, I've only recently discovered check_nt, but you can also use it to graph WMI counters on the Windows versions of KMS in Cacti. Thus you can have pretty charts for spam/etc:

http://people.sps.lane.edu/jshaw/temp/kmsspam.png

I'm starting to build a set of cacti templates to do this for Windows-based KMS servers.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
csgyurik

We Use linux version. I have already checked the SMTP, IMAP, LDAP connection of Kerio, but I want to see the internal queues. Ok I can count it.

Thanks
  •  
bushidoka

Bump!

Anyone out there have a munin plugin for Kerio running on Linux?

OP - are you still out there?
  •  
bushidoka

p.s. I can easily write my own plugin. I am very new to Kerio in my new job, though. If someone could point me to the right part of the documentation to figure out how to determine these things from the Linux command prompt, I can take it from there.

These things :

As per OP.
  •  
jbordeau53

check my last post, i probably a solution for you Very Happy
Previous Topic: Result: failed, Status: 5.3.2 550 Rejected
Next Topic: Can Kerio comment on this (Apple related)?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 18:02:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.