Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrated Exchange 2003 issues - Calendar & Contacts not quite functioning
  •  
silver02suby

Send a private message to this user
We moved off an Exchange 2003 Server that died, to an OS X Server with KMS 6.2.2. I had cached offline emails, calendars and contacts in my users' Outlooks, so I had some semblance of backup for their emails. I was able to install KOC into Outlook 2003 SP2 for each user, but I'm having two issues.

I can NOT get the users' old calendars into the root KOC calendar. It nests one level deep, and reminders don't work. I click the +, and there is "Calendar" from their old profile.

Same issue with Contacts, whether I move, copy, drag/drop, they nest one level deep, so when I click Contacts, I have nothing, but I click the + beside it, and I have "Contacts" underneath, and there's all their contacts.

I made .pst backups of each user, so they have a reference to go back to, versus stuffing all that information back into KMS - however, the contacts and calendar I need to have "live".

Am I missing something? Thanks everyone!

- Bill
Genesis Home Technologies
2006 CEDIA Dealer of the Year
2006 CEDIA Gold Award - Best Integrated Home
  •  
sedell

You can't really copy/move the Calendar or Contacts as it is. Because one already exists in the KMS mail store, and can't be overwritten because it's a "special" folder, you see what you are describing with the nested items. This is also why your calendar reminders aren't working - they only work from the main or default calendar in a profile.

Best bet with the contacts is to click on one, then do a select all to copy/move them into the primary Contact folder. That'll move each contact item to the correct folder as opposed to moving the contact folder as a whole.

For the calendar items, you can select View -> Arrange By -> Current View -> select Events. That'll give you a list of events and appointments you can move as opposed to digging through day by day.

Or... if you have the mail already in a PST (otherwise you'd have to export then import), you can do File -> Import. That will give you the option to import the calendar items right into the new calendar folder, and the same for contacts.

Scott
  •  
silver02suby

Okay - that makes sense. I'll try the import option since I made .pst backups of everyone's mail first. It looks like quite a slow process. :) Also, are the ram requirements for Kerio w/ KOC rather high? I've gotten an error when moving or copying that led me to believe the MAPI operator was low on memory. (the error specifically said out of ram)

Thanks!

- Bill
Previous Topic: Dual hosts system
Next Topic: Some Outlook/KOC users have to hit send/receive to get mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 20:09:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00388 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.