Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Syncing with Motorola Q from Verizon
  •  
jstrickland

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to Sync Outlook 2003 with KOC 6.2 with a Motorola Q phone, using Active Sync 4.1. Active Sync acts like it is synchronizing, but when all is done, nothing is synchronized. I receive the following message from Active Sync.

Active Sync encountered a problem with the desktop.
Support Code: 85010014

Does anyone have any clue as to what may be going on?
  •  
winkelman

jstrickland wrote on Sat, 23 September 2006 00:13

This is an error that 1) Microsoft has acknowledge is a problem in the 4.x versions of Actiuvesync (needed for WM5 devices). Nevertheless, but b) always seems to happen when syncing a WM5 device to KMS, after a first succesfull sync. So MS might have created a wacky ActiveSync that sometimes has this problem with 'normal' Outlook/Exchange situations; but it always goes wrong on KMS/KOC.

I'm afraid there's no solution to this at the moment.

(In the next release of KMS [6.3.0] you can directly sync your device to KMS, without a PC with Outlook/KOC/ActiveSync. That is reported to go very well by some users here. You can already download a KMS 6.3.0 beta if you'd like to try.)
  •  
Anonymous
Have you tried syncing from a different computer? I have never had a problem syncing my Motorola Q to Outlook 2003. Make sure you don't have a firewall running as that can interfere with the ActiveSync connection between your Q and Outlook.
  •  
jstrickland

Are you syncing through KOC? If so, with your initial sync, did the phone place a ton of blank records in your Outlook contacts? I've been working with Motorola Tech Support. He had me do a master reset of the phone, uninstall and reinstall of ActiveSync, and go into system settings on the Q and turn off network settings in the USB connection. He said that these network settings can cause problems on systems running a firewall. This seemed to work for about 5 syncs before I started getting the ActiveSync error 85010017(Server Busy). I have not tried syncing with a different PC yet. I suppose I should so I can at least confirm if the issue is with the phone or not. The problem is that in the end I've got to make it work with this PC.
  •  
winkelman

I don't think I've ever seen a customer confirming here that syncing through Outlook/KOC works fine for WM5 devices, so I myself have stopped trying to get that to work. (WM2002/2003 with ActiveSync 3.8 seem fine.)
  •  
jstrickland

winkelman wrote on Mon, 02 October 2006 18:17

I don't think I've ever seen a customer confirming here that syncing through Outlook/KOC works fine for WM5 devices, so I myself have stopped trying to get that to work. (WM2002/2003 with ActiveSync 3.8 seem fine.)

Kerio_dkorman seems to indicate that he is able to Sync with no problems. However, he doesn't indicate if he is actually using KOC. That is what I am trying to find out.
  •  
winkelman

jstrickland wrote on Mon, 02 October 2006 18:43

Kerio_dkorman seems to indicate that he is able to Sync with no problems.

That's why I said "I've never seen a customer..." :-)

[Updated on: Mon, 02 October 2006 18:49]

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

jstrickland wrote on Mon, 02 October 2006 09:43

Kerio_dkorman seems to indicate that he is able to Sync with no problems. However, he doesn't indicate if he is actually using KOC. That is what I am trying to find out.

Yes, we eat our own dog food and use KOC in the office. Daniel is using KOC and does not have any issues syncing his MotoQ with KOC.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
jstrickland

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Mon, 02 October 2006 19:59

Yes, we eat our own dog food and use KOC in the office. Daniel is using KOC and does not have any issues syncing his MotoQ with KOC.

I apologize if my statement sounded rude or sarcastic. It was certainly not meant that way. It just wasn't clear in your initial response if you were using KOC or just Kerio MailServer as a POP3 or IMAP server.

The fact that one of your users is able to successfully sync his MotoQ with KOC gives me hope. Could you ask him some questions for me? On initial sync were blank records created in KOC contacts for each contact already on the phone? Also, is he able to delete contacts or calendar events from both the phone and Outlook without killing the syncronization? I am asking because my latest test results with the Q were as follows.

Upon initial syncronization, a blank record was created in Outlook contacts for each contact that already existed in the MotoQ (These were contacts transferred from a previous Moto phone). This meant that where I initially had 189 contacts in Outlook, I went to 563, 374 of which were blank entries. None of the Outlook contacts were transferred to the Q. This happened both with Outlook overwrites Device and Device overwrites Outlook.

The syncing then continued to work fine with adding contacts or calendar events using either Outlook or the Q. However, once an item is deleted using Outlook, ActiveSync would no longer sync with the Q and would return an error of 85010017. As long as contacts or events were deleted using the Q things worked fine. It was deleting through Outlook that wreaked havoc. Identical problems occured with e-mail and tasks if those items were turned on in ActiveSync.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

jstrickland wrote on Mon, 02 October 2006 12:12

Actually, I apologize if my answer was terse. Your question was not rude or sarcastic at all. I was actually trying to be a little funny. Smile

I know that Daniel did not indicate he was using KOC, and you were right to ask. I will have him take a look at your questions and see if we can help you out.

Kevin Trumbull
  •  
jstrickland

Thanks. I would appreciate any help I can get. At this point, the Motorola Tech has come to the same conclusion that I did. It is time to replace this particular Q.

Our Verizon rep told us that at least half of the initial batch of Qs they sold had to be replaced for various reasons. This Q just happens to have been bought when they first became available. Yes, it took that long to finally get around to trying to set up ActiveSync. Over the past six months, our company has gone through some major changes, including moving to a new address. This became a low item on the priority list until all other fires were put out.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

jstrickland wrote on Fri, 22 September 2006 15:13

I am trying to Sync Outlook 2003 with KOC 6.2 with a Motorola Q phone, using Active Sync 4.1. Active Sync acts like it is synchronizing, but when all is done, nothing is synchronized. I receive the following message from Active Sync.

Does anyone have any clue as to what may be going on?

jstrickland: Please submit a support ticket regarding this. We would like to troubleshoot this for you in a regular support ticket. Daniel did some more testing, and he may have reproduced the issue, but we need to further troubleshoot the issue with you in a support ticket.

Kevin Trumbull
  •  
jstrickland

Actually, a ticket was initially created on July 19. It is ticket no. NAQ-278759. I will update the info on that ticket to reflect all of the recent information concerning this issue. I look forward to working further with you on this.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 October 2006 17:59]

Previous Topic: Invalid Helo
Next Topic: ERROR??? while connecting to console
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 20:39:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00482 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.