Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC SPA Connection fails with NTLM error
  •  
LehmansSysAdmin

Send a private message to this user
I'm trying to setup a domain in KMS that links to active directory for authentication.

The mail domain is lehmans.com

The AD domain is called lehmans.lan (I know, stupid me for not naming it lehmans.com to start with.)

Everything works (web, IMAP, etc.) except SPA authentication through KOC. When I try to test the connection, the following error occurs...

"Checking of connection to Kerio MailServer failed.
Make sure the information you entered are [sic] correct and contact your administrator if necessary."

Below is the directory transactions from the debug log...

[22/Sep/2006 22:25:59][1388] {auth} NTLM authentication started
[22/Sep/2006 22:25:59][1388] {auth} User zookdj performed NTLM authentication in NT domain LEHMANS, found in domain lehmans.lan
[22/Sep/2006 22:25:59][1388] {ldapdb} zookdj<_at_>lehmans.lan: Looking up in cache...
[22/Sep/2006 22:25:59][1388] {auth} NTLM cannot find user zookdj<_at_>lehmans.lan

I can't figure out what it means that NTLM cannot find user zookdj<_at_>lehmans.lan, when that account exists and authenticates just fine.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 September 2006 04:30]

•  
LehmansSysAdmin

Ok, I figured out that I shouldn't have a mail domain called lehmans.lan, so I removed that and now I get this in the debug log...

[22/Sep/2006 22:44:28][2140] {auth} Krb5 auth: user zookdj<_at_>LEHMANS.LAN authenticated
[22/Sep/2006 22:45:41][4088] {auth} NTLM authentication started
[22/Sep/2006 22:45:41][4088] {auth} User zookdj performed NTLM authentication in NT domain LEHMANS, found in domain lehmans.com
[22/Sep/2006 22:45:41][4088] {auth} NTLM successfully authenticated user zookdj<_at_>lehmans.com

But I still can't connect via KOC.

(Also tried restarting KMS after removing the lehmans.lan domain)

FWIW, I did send a message to Kerio tech support as well.
  •  
LehmansSysAdmin

More info...

[22/Sep/2006 22:53:50][4088] {imaps} IMAP server session begin; client connected from infosys1.lehmans.lan:1364
[22/Sep/2006 22:53:50][4088] {imaps} Command K0 AUTHENTICATE NTLM
[22/Sep/2006 22:53:53][4088] {imaps} Session end, error reading line: (0) The operation completed successfully.
[22/Sep/2006 22:53:53][4088] {imaps} Server session end

Does anyone know of a KOC debug log anywhere?
  •  
LehmansSysAdmin

Ok, I got it figured out. Amazing what a good night's sleep will do. (Thanks God! :-)

At some point during my trouble-shooting last night I disabled the "allow NTLM authentication for active directory" whatever. When I enabled it this morning, everything is peachy again.

Hope this helps someone else who may have been struggling with this sort of issue.

Previous Topic: Move from one server to another
Next Topic: zillions of blank items in Entourage deleted items folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 12:05:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.