Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Add user with scripting, vbs, js..
  •  
Celeborn

Send a private message to this user
Hey all,

I did a couple of searches for this but couldn't find what I was looking for so here goes.

I'm evaluating KMS for a small company that I'm also doing a site for.
Does anyone know if theres a way to create users and groups and such with custom scripting? Like VBS or JS.

Or possibly store user data in a SQL database.
I noticed in the release history that as of 6.2 KMS uses a SQLite database, could this be accessed externally?

I also noticed a lot of wishlists that included SQL support on the forums, has this been implemented in any way?

Thank you,
Jesper
  •  
sedell

Celeborn wrote on Tue, 26 September 2006 10:56

Does anyone know if theres a way to create users and groups and such with custom scripting? Like VBS or JS.

The answer is no to all of your questions, except the one quoted above, which gets a "sort of". It gets a sort of because it's not possible with KMS on it's own, but may be possible with a directory server. If you have KMS set to use directory server integration for authentication (Active Directory or Open Directory), it should be possible to script something that can access/modify/create users on the directory server which will be reflected in KMS.

Scott
  •  
Celeborn

Thats a real shame!

KMS seems like an awesome mail server, but without automated user management it wont work for me. The company in question doesn't use Active Directory and setting it up just to get automated user management in KMS just isn't worth it.

Maybe in 3.0? Here's to hoping...

Jesper
  •  
Slaine

Yes,

It is an awesome product.

You may want to have a look at the 'users.cfg' file in the root directory of KMS (C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer). The file is sort of simplified XML, but its at least text.

I foresee the following problems though:
- You'd have to figure out the encryption of the password
- Not sure if the server would need to be stopped to access and change the file.
- Forget about support from the Kerio chaps if you mess with the file, and I don't blame them either.

I wouldn't expect it as a feature to soon. I think the Kerio 'Wishlist' is way over 20000 last time I suggested something, and they're busy with some sort of 'Offline Functionality' at the moment which has priority over death.

- Pierre Roux
http://www.ozone.co.za/ (My Job)
http://seven.dfx.co.za/ (My Hobby)
  •  
Celeborn

Yeah, I made some changes to the description field in users.cfg, and nothing happened on the server until after restart.

Needless to say, thats not an option :)

Jesper
Previous Topic: Kill a connection
Next Topic: import 500 domains to whitelist
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 04:45:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.