Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration Advice
  •  
Cerdo

Send a private message to this user
Afternoon guys and gals!

Just wanted to pick your brains before I approach the tech support guys! Currently running 6.2.0 in a small coporate enviroment - no problems what so ever however we're considering moving the machine over to a new machine with a bit more power and raid redundancy.

I presume it's a simple case of installing the mailserver software on the new machine, license everything up, migrate the mailstore directory, change internal port mappings to new IP address, then fire up all the mail services. My only worry is that the OS will be chaning from Microsoft 2000 Server to 2003 Standard - does anyone predict any implications that I may hit? Any suggestions or methods would be appreciated!

Cerdo

Kerio MailServer 6.5.0 patch 1 (build 5340)
Fedora Core 8
Dell 1u SC1425 Single 3.0ghz Intel Xeon
512mb DDR2 RAM
2x Seagate 80gb (RAID 1)
25 users, mixture of Webmail/IMAP/KOFF
  •  
sedell

Send a private message to this user
See http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=257&nav=0,1

I would follow the advice on copressing the mail store to move it, especially on Windows. I've seen situations where Windows changes the file date on the messages if you just copy them. It appears to work fine until you run into a situation where you have to reindex a mailbox, then you're in a world of trouble.

Scott
Previous Topic: kerio unable to connect to pop server
Next Topic: POP3 server connection broken
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:22:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00400 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.