Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OSX & clamav
  •  
zazo

Send a private message to this user
Im a novice to osx server, love my macs, purchased Kerio for its ease of use,, would like to use the clamav feature. Tried to turn it on and receive error message. I've read the KB articles on creating startup script and im lost. Do you log into root? Do I use terminal? How do i modify clamav, always read-only?
Is there someone with simple instructions for a novice?

Hope some Mac users can give me some help :)
  •  
sonofcolin

You can install clamav from source. You will need the developer tools to do this. Instructions for installation can be found at clamav.net

Alternatively, you can install clamXav (although kerio won't support you, it works just fine).
  •  
dbarak

There is a GUI installer with a GUI updater. ClamAV comes with 10.4 server, but you have to activate it. There are also some sample config scripts you can find online. If you need me to send you some links I can try to dig them up, but google has some step by steps.
-danie
  •  
j.a.duke

zazo wrote on Sat, 30 September 2006 02:48

Im a novice to osx server, love my macs, purchased Kerio for its ease of use,, would like to use the clamav feature. Tried to turn it on and receive error message. I've read the KB articles on creating startup script and im lost. Do you log into root? Do I use terminal? How do i modify clamav, always read-only?
Is there someone with simple instructions for a novice?

Hope some Mac users can give me some help :)

I got the ClamXav installer from http://www.markallan.co.uk/clamXav/index.php and installed it on 10.4 client, though it should be fine on 10.3.9 as well.

Had to fiddle with the clamd prefs (notes in the ClamAV thread) as well as turning on TCP access. If you email me, I'll dig up the files at work this week and send them to you-I think I annotated the changes so I could find them later.

Cheers,
Jon
Previous Topic: KOC+outlook2003 is so slow
Next Topic: Anyone tried to install KMS on Engade Linux?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 02:14:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00435 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.