Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » A little Direction please
  •  
jbkayak

Send a private message to this user
where can I learn more info on SPAM control and KMS...I just took over an KMS mail server and am trying to get up to speed.

Only need to slow down incoming SPAM... we have 5 free black list sites (sorbs, ordb) ...I can screen shot them and let you see...

Also I notice in my email headers I have Bayes score, here is a copy of headers if that helps determine what spam controls im using. WOuld love to be using all 4 (Spam Repellent, RBL, Bayes and SPF)

X-Envelope-To: jbutler<_at_>starrealestate.com
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=0.7 required=4.9
tests=BAYES_00: -1.665,DEAR_SOMETHING: 1.577,HTML_40_50: 0.052,
HTML_MESSAGE: 0.001,MIME_BASE64_NO_NAME: 0.017,NO_REAL_NAME: 0.336,
SARE_HTML_NO_BODY3: 0.1,SARE_HTML_NO_HTML2: 0.1,SARE_HTML_NO_HTML4: 0.2
X-Spam-Level:
Received: from ftwmail4.verizon.com ([192.76.86.140])

I would love to add SURBL to that list... Dont no how yet.. Any links to training, online training, or Kerio training that I can attend (fee or no fee) as I like to become an expert on KMS.

THanks
JB
jbutler<_at_>starrealestate.com
  •  
frankxs

Well, FWIW, here's a link to some "Web Based Training".

http://www.kerio.com/kbp_training_chapter1.html Not much more than the help files.

I also would like more in-depth info on how to configure all this.

I believe, that as long as you have the "use SURBL database" selected in the SpamAssassin tab it is using it (within the criteria listed). However, I too wondered why it is not present in the header info.

From what I've been able to determine in the header info, it may not be listed unless it takes a hit. IOW, for example, I have mine configured to add 1.0 points to a mail server without an SPF record. I ONLY see this listed in the header when the mail server does not have an SPF record and the 1.0 gets added. I never see it listed in the header any other time.

It is confusing. I suspect there is no consistency to the rule-of-thumb about what to expect to see in the header.

Bottom line, I'm with you. I can't seem to understand what rules are being applied when.

Even a glossary of the various header phrases would really help. What does AWL mean? What does DEAR_SOMETHING mean? Etcetera.

-Frank
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

SURBL checking is available since KMS 6.2.0, which is obviously not this case. The header is from older KMS version.
Previous Topic: Result: delayed, Status: 4.1.1 451 Could not complete sender verify callout
Next Topic: KOC+outlook2003 is so slow
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:29:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00350 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.