Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Machine sizing - CALendar Statistics
  •  
MMC65

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone know of a way to tell the Calendar/task statistics
on Keriomailer server 6.2.2 to work out what kind or load or usage the server is getting ?
To determine if machine memory or HD has the power to perform or upgrade needed
  •  
winkelman

I use The Dude (here, doens't cost a dime, excellent!) to probe machines/devices on my network using SNMP. This gives me very nice hour/day/week/year graphs on things such as cpu/memory/virtual memory/disk load as well as network throughput.

Example of a daily graph of my KMS server (also runs KWF):
http://www.okuraplaza.nl/temp/Dude-daily-graph-example.jpg

(The 'high' (30%) CPU load block starting at 2 at night is the KMS backup running.)

Of course, you have to load the SNMP client (comes with Windows) on the machines you want to monitor.

Edit: damn, can't get the img-tag to work! :(

[Updated on: Fri, 06 October 2006 11:57]

•  
MMC65

Thanks for that I am trying to get it to work and setting up SNMP on Win2K3 the service seems to be running but no stats
Any ideas?
  •  
winkelman

In the SNMP Agent service (on the wk3 server) you have to specify which computers may poll the SNMP data. By default no one can. Did you enable that?

Are the SNMP community strings matching (in the Dude and the SNMP Agent on the w2k3 server)?
  •  
MMC65

whooo hooo got it working added the community strings and IP of the dude as well as the hostname

Thank you
  •  
winkelman

You seem to be new at SNMP, so some small pointers:

Community strings are something like a password in SNMP-land. So use something other that the common 'public' (or make sure you limit the list of hosts that your SNMP Agents will send info to).

Oh yes, and never enable a read & write community string if you do not intend to use it. (For things like the Dude read-only is fine.)

That should get you safely started :)
  •  
MMC65

Yes Thanks again.

I did that too as I am currently doing a web course and are using Oscommerce and Paypal for our project. So locking down services to reduce risk and ensured no default/guess or anonymous login are availavle and the use of SSL. Unfortunately we did not cover SNMP in any depth.

I have made it read only as I only want statistics and have put my IP and host name in at the moment and a customised community string.
Previous Topic: Access/Denide "SMTP Authentification" for users and domain
Next Topic: SMTP Authenticaion Questions..
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:09:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00504 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.