Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » [Windows2003] Active Directory LDAP
  •  
Manic

Send a private message to this user
Ey guys,

I'm trying to get Kerio Mailserver working together with Active Directory but the connection doesn't work.
I'm getting the following error when I try to connect to my AD:

Directory server:
The schema extensions haven't been found on the LDAP server:
the connection won't be functional.

The strange part is, I did install the Kerio Active Directory Extensions (6.2.2) and I can see the new tabs in Active Directory.
I just can't get the connection to work.

I did allot of research but I just can't find the sollution.
There were some dudes on this forum with the same question but never got an answer also on other forums no sollution at all.

Can someone help me with this problem?

BTW: AD is working 100%, nothing wrong with it

• Attachment: kerio.jpg
    (Size: 138.51KB, Downloaded 933 times)
  •  
sedell

Two things I can think of:

1. Did you run the KMS AD extension on your schema master? There are two parts to the AD extension - the UI extension, and the schema extension. Seeing the tabs in the AD console means the UI extension installed, but doesn't necessarily mean the schema was updated.

2. Try setting KMS to look at the schema master.

Scott
  •  
Manic

sedell wrote on Sat, 07 October 2006 14:28

Two things I can think of:

1. Did you run the KMS AD extension on your schema master? There are two parts to the AD extension - the UI extension, and the schema extension. Seeing the tabs in the AD console means the UI extension installed, but doesn't necessarily mean the schema was updated.

2. Try setting KMS to look at the schema master.

Okay, so thats the problem. :)
To be honost I just started with Active Directory so I still need to learn allot.
But how do I install the schema extension?
I just installed the extension with my admin account that's domain admin (and admin of everything else :P).
  •  
sedell

We've all been there.. you have to start someplace, right.

To determine which machine is the Schema Master, click Start -> Run, type MMC and hit enter. Click File -> Add/Remove Snap-in. In the Add/Remove Snap-in window, click Add, find 'Active Directory Schema' in the list and click Add, then Close, then OK in the Add/Remove Snap-in window.

Now, under the Console Root in the MMC, you should see the Active Directory Schema tree. Right-click on the top level of that, and click Operations Master. That screen will tell you the current Schema Master for your AD infrastructure. You'll have to run the Kerio AD extension on that machine to have the schema updated.

I can't remember off the top of my head if a domain admin will have the correct privileges to update the schema. I seem to remember access denied topics coming up before in the forum. You may need to be added to the schema admins group. If you get an error when you try to install the schema extension, have yourself added to the schema admin group and try again.

Scott
  •  
Manic

Thanks for your help sedell, I appreciate it very much! :)
But the problem is that I don't see the "Active Directory Schema" in the options menu.
I added a screenshot so you can see it yourself.

• Attachment: kerio2.jpg
    (Size: 111.59KB, Downloaded 1060 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 07 October 2006 15:05]

•  
Manic

Just ignore that, already found out that you can install it with "regsvr32 schmmgmt.dll". :)
  •  
Manic

Okay I got that Active Directory Schema to work in the console, I checked if it was the right machine and it was (duh... I only use 1 server).
I added my admin to the new Schema Admins group, reinstalled the extension and still it doesn't work. :(
  •  
sedell

New Schema Admins group? You didn't create one, did you? There should be a built-in Schema Admins group that already has the correct permissions set up.

Are you getting an error when you try to install the schema extension?

Scott
  •  
Manic

Yeah...I noticed that there is a new group called "Schema Admins".
I didn't make on, the install/config of "Active Directory Schema" made that one I guess.
The only thing I did was made the admin member of that group.
And no, I didn't get a error with the installation of the extension.
  •  
Manic

Previous Topic: Archiving users email
Next Topic: Copy inbound email from one domain to additional users?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 11:08:00 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00563 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.