Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » problems imap -> outlook 2003
  •  
Hypersurf

Send a private message to this user
hi!
i'm just testing the kerio 5.7.6 mailserver on my machine, but, when tying to setup imap for outlook 2003 i encountered some problems:
i triple-checked all account data, but all i get is a complete crash of outlook. a connection is showing up on the admin-console, the order-structure is fetched fine, but getting the messages doesn't work :/
i checked outlook express on the same machine.. work fine.
even secure imap/smtp!!

i'd like to buy kerio mailserver, but i NEED that outlook-connection working, as everyone here is working with that thing... so please help me!

•  
davieboi

I am having the exact same problem. Outlook and kerio mailserver worked fine on my old windows ME machine but on windows XP outlook will not work using kerio mailserver’s imap. I have recently uninstalled kerio and reinstalled it and I have used both office xp and office 2003 and neither work with kerio. Pop3 appears to work fine but imap will not work whatsoever. So can somebody please give me an answer to why it is just outlook effected as I have tested kerio mailserver with mozilla thunderbird and imap works perfectly so why just outlook. I presumed it was just me experiencing the problem but clearly not.
  •  
mkanat

(1) Upgrade to Kerio MailServer 5.7.10
(2) Get all the Service Packs for your version of Outlook at http://office.microsort.com

Outlook without Service Packs is highly busted when it comes to IMAP.

-Max

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander
2nd Level Support Engineer, USA
Kerio Technologies
  •  
zanet

I have done all that: KMS upgraded to 5.7.10 and in Outlook 2003 (German Version) installed all patches etc. and still: the IMAP problem persists, no mails visible in INBOX etc. Maybe it is just a question of English or German version of outlook or an XP bug. Who can help?

Premgit
  •  
mkerr

I've been using Outlook 2003 with IMAP and KMS for a long time, and it works fine. We're currently using V5.7.10 of KMS.

Make sure your IMAP port (143) is accessible on the host where KMS is installed, and leave the root folder setting blank in your Outlook IMAP settings.

Once you sync Outlook with KMS, you need to subscribe to the folder. When you select that newly subscribed folder, Outlook should sync the headers. I leave IMAP out of the global send/recieve groups, such that it only sync's the headers when I select the IMAP subscribed folder(s).

You might also want to increase your timeout, since IMAP in Outlook is a little painful over a dialup.
Previous Topic: Antivirus check cannot be performed?
Next Topic: !!!! Kerio 5: sending, but not receiving !!!!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 11:34:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00467 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.