Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Error 550 - 5.3.0 Mailbox alias cannot be expanded
  •  
rjben

Send a private message to this user
Mail Server: 6.2.2 build 1416

Using a user address that is set to forward to several recipients, a user got the following message when sending a message to this group address:

"The server was not able to deliver your email message."

Error #:
> 5.3.0 Mailbox alias cannot be expanded

Any idea on what causes this error message?
  •  
sedell

I've seen this before. It usually comes up when someone sends a message with a different From or Reply-To address than their real address. If the message gets bounced for some reason, or one of the recipients has a vacation message set up, KMS tries to deliver to the non-existant address causing the error.

It could also be that the address in question is set to forward to an address that no longer exists.

Scott
  •  
rjben

Scott...
A department is rechecking their addresses... Thank you for the timely feedback!
Ruby

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." Alvin Toffler
  •  
sedell

Glad I could help. ;)

Scott
  •  
mikeoje

I feel there should be something missing that is giving rise to this return mail. I tried all the options provided but yet am having the same issues.

Please i need us to further look at this issue critically, so we can provide a lasting solution for all.

Thanks

Michael NG
  •  
alebona

Does Kerio store the refused messages? Can i can find that messages?

Thanks
Previous Topic: [Critical] Spam mails were sent with authentication
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 8.3.4 +Black Berry Eneterprise Server Express
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jul 24 04:33:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.