Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio MailServer 6.3.0 RC1 Released
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Send a private message to this user
Kerio MailServer 6.3.0 RC1 has been released.

Download Link: http://www.kerio.com/beta_section.html

Full Release History: http://www.kerio.com/beta_kms_history.html

[Updated on: Tue, 07 November 2006 11:08] by Moderator

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
willowsv

Looking Good

Any idea when the final is going to be released weeks, months or it it too early to tell?
  •  
jshaw541

Why is mail list administration still absent from the Web Admin interface?

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
gerco

It will be released at the end of the month to coincide with a price increase. (2weeks)

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

gerco wrote on Thu, 19 October 2006 14:12

It will be released at the end of the month to coincide with a price increase. (2weeks)

A final release date has not been promised for 6.3.0 yet.

Kevin Trumbull
  •  
bronco

Hi Kevin,

OverTheAir To WM5:
Calendar and Tasks seems to work fine except there is a problem or "feature" with syncing contacts and emails.

Contacts:
We have our contacts spread in subfolders and that does not work!
The Contacts syncs nothing! Furthermore some people that were testing even last there Full Contacts!

Emails:
MS ActiveSync 4.2 collects full tree from server but you are not able to select more folders other than a simple Inbox. This means if you want additional folders and even subfolders from Inbox you need to get a separate packages that can do it or switch to IMAP4 on WM5 and open up an additional port on the FW.

We are running SPB Backup so people got there stuff back.

There is good news the errors 85010014/85010008 we were getting in KMS 6.2 with MS ActiveSync are gone .

Can you please tell me if you are going to fix this before the product goes life?

Rene.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 October 2006 06:08]

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

bronco wrote on Fri, 20 October 2006 19:07

Contacts:
The Contacts syncs nothing! Furthermore some people that were testing even last there Full Contacts!

This is a limitation of the Windows Mobile operating system. It does not support syncing (or displaying) Contact/Calendar folders other than the default main ones. Please contact Microsoft to request the ability to sync Contact/Calendar subfolders.

Emails:
MS ActiveSync 4.2 collects full tree from server but you are not able to select more folders other than a simple Inbox. This means if you want additional folders and even subfolders from Inbox you need to get a separate packages that can do it or switch to IMAP4 on WM5 and open up an additional port on the FW.

OTA sync uses HTTP/HTTPS, not IMAP. But you need to subscribe to your subfolders on the device in order to see the mail subfolders in the same way you would with an IMAP client. Please contact the documentation for your device to learn how to subscribe to subfolders.

Kevin Trumbull
  •  
bronco

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Sat, 21 October 2006 19:53

Contacts:

This is a limitation of the Windows Mobile operating system. It does not support syncing (or displaying) Contact/Calendar folders other than the default main ones. Please contact Microsoft to request the ability to sync Contact/Calendar subfolders.

This might be true but there are other products that can do this without any problem. PocketMirror Professional for WM is one and there are products like funambol. Also Pavel Stepanek told us that in version 6.3 it was possible. We asked this via support.

Emails:

OTA sync uses HTTP/HTTPS, not IMAP. But you need to subscribe to your subfolders on the device in order to see the mail subfolders in the same way you would with an IMAP client. Please contact the documentation for your device to learn how to subscribe to subfolders.

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

PocketMirror is desktop sync, not OTA sync.

Kevin Trumbull
  •  
bronco

Kevin,

We managed to get everything working with wired ActiveSync on the Desktop after full switching off the HTC TyTn's and resetting KMS. Also the Direct Push is working great.

We tested OTA with WLAN and multiple AP works on most occasions but ActveSync is not really stable. Sometimes we get a message that the proxyserver is not compatible with the device. Direct Push on OTA does not seem to work. Data comes in when the Sync buton is pressed but not when the data arrives in Inbox. Settings on the device are set to sync when data comes in and peak on all day long.

Question:
Are you going to provide a small app/plugin for ActivSync so that we can also do multiple folder syncing of contacts?

Rene.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 October 2006 22:02]

•  
waikiki

Just wondering if its possible to add a sent message after the message has been sent using a webmail. Something like the one in yahoo and hotmail mails that when you click the send button it will tell you that your message has been sent to the following recipient. Should I open a ticket for this for future feature? Or can it be added to the final version of 6.3?

Thanks!
  •  
dbarak

a sent confirmation may be a little annoying for people who use webmail on a day to day basis. outlook doesn't do it by default ant that is what most people are used to. If it becomes a feature it should be optional.
  •  
dkrajc@redpegmarketing.co

Everyone,

Not sure if this the best place for this but here goes.

I am very interested in the OTA syncing of contacts, messages, calendar etc, and I am wondering if what I am about to describe is how the system works. First a little background. I am running KMS on an xServe G5. Most of my users use Entourage to accesses their KMS account, a few use KOC but the majority use Entourage. I have been using Palm Treo smart phones with Chatter Email to access KMS from a mobile device. The reason I am using the Treo's is because I can sync them with Entourage to get my contacts, calendar, to dos etc.(I know about Missing Sync but it is sometimes not up to date the newest handhelds) Using the new OTA sync would I be able to use any device, Palm or Windows, to access my KMS account and have all of my messages, contacts, calendar on the mobile device? When I make a change on the mobile device and it the syncs with the server, the next time my Entourage syncs would my changes be reflected in Entourage? If the system works this way it would be great because I could start to offer more options when it comes to mobile devices.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Krajc
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes, it works exactly this way.

However, I feel I should mention two points:
1. The device must support ActiveSync. List of currently supported devices is in the release history.
2. Devices have limited capabilities. They can usually sync only one calendar and one contact folder. Some of them cannot sync Tasks at all. Some of them also can sync only one email folder - Inbox (Palm Treo 650). Generally, Windows Mobile devices have more features.
otzenaj

Any idea if KOC Offline mode is part of this RC or if offline caching has been implemented?
Previous Topic: Journaling to postfix produces "undisclosed recipients"
Next Topic: A date for support of Debian ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 20:22:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00550 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.