Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Syncing Kerio/KOC with Sprint Palm 700p? OTA or USB?
  •  
fbollin

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone successfully configured a Palm 700p to synch with Kerio 6.2.2 either OTA or via the USB cable? KOC seems to have issues with Hotsync. Palm OS doesn't yet appear to support Active Sync. Is the only way to go a 3rd party sync app? TIA
  •  
silver02suby

I use ChatterEmail on the Treo 650 / 700p which gives me live, push email OTA. As far as contacts and calendars go, if you're on a PeeCee, I'm not sure, but I guess you'd use Palm Desktop. On the Mac, I use Missing Sync which works amazingly well.

- Bill
  •  
jshaw541

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo700p/actives ync.html

The 700p does support OTA ActiveSync.

Even though Kerio won't support OTA for the 700p in 6.3, it should work identically to the 650.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 October 2006 17:50]

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

jshaw541 wrote on Thu, 19 October 2006 08:49

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo700p/actives ync.html

The 700p does support OTA ActiveSync.

Even though Kerio won't support OTA for the 700p in 6.3, it should work identically to the 650.

This is actually still under discussion. I know I said 'No' before, but we are considering offering official support for it. It will mainly depend on how much testing we can do before 6.3.0 final is released. But we may be officially supporting the 700p with OTA sync.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
fbollin

Thanks for the responses. I had read the piece on the Treo/Active Sync feature in the Palm 700p (using their VersaMail client) but was under the impression it only worked with MS Exchange the way it's worded. The challenge we Palm OS users face is keeping contacts and calendar in synch if we use the KOC to manage email. Looks like it may be resolved in one of the upcoming releases.
Previous Topic: Binding smtp (sending) to a specific domain
Next Topic: Mac Office 2004 11.3.0 released
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 06:50:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00905 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.