Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Junk Prepended to Mails imported via KOC
  •  
gerco

Send a private message to this user

Whenever I do an install of KMS where existing email must be imported I get this problem.

I import from customer's existing PST's into Kerio using a new Outlook MAPI profile with just the KOC in it.

Many of the emails & usually ones with HTML or attachments get 'stuff' added to the beginning & turned to plain text like this

Quote:

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6F1CF.45C67759
Content-Type:
multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C6F1CF.45C67759"

------_=_NextPart_002_01C6F1CF.45C67759
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"

------_=_NextPart_002_01C6F1CF.45C67759
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"

------_=_NextPart_002_01C6F1CF.45C67759--
Content-Type: application/msword; name="74756260.doc"

Content-Type: application/msword;
name="Terms & Conditions.doc"
Importance: Normal
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=MIXED-MIME-560879843-639-delim

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--MIXED-MIME-560879843-639-delim
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=ALTERNATIVE-MIME-560879843-23364-delim

--ALTERNATIVE-MIME-560879843-23364-delim
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

I have discovered that if the emails are transferred using IMAP this doesn't happen but then I have to do 2 separate imports, mail via IMAP & calendars/contacts/notes/tasks via KOC which takes ages to do even with a few users.

Can anybody tell me what this info is & how to avoid it...?

Thanks.
  •  
emaroserba

Same problem here, had a lot of communication with italian support but they didn't resolve the issue, then they claimed they had to escalate the problem to czech support. After that NOTHING happened until today... Sad
I given up.

I'm very disappointed with them.
  •  
sedell

When I still had users with PSTs, I always imported them via IMAP. On the rare occasion I have to do it now, I still use IMAP. I've run into too many problems in the past importing mail from a PST into the Kerio mail store via KOC. I don't know if this has been fixed or not, but one of the big hurts at the time (6.0.x line) was losing all of the message headers, and Outlook locking up or crashing during import. Importing via IMAP retained the headers, and was not prone to lockup/crash. It was also much faster.

Scott
Previous Topic: 'Sender' Tab gone in Kerio OutLook Connector w/Offline?
Next Topic: [remote users] Unable to login from webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 19:34:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00607 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.