Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Archive and Public Folder sharing
  •  
iigs

Send a private message to this user
I've been discussing folder sharing with technical support, and am getting mixed responses as to what it it possible to do.

We have a few users who have left the company, but we need to keep the emails in their mailboxes available to several other people. The email addresses are no longer required. After trying to share the private folder, I found that permissions don't always propogate. Sometimes they do, but more often not. The mailboxes I need to share have many subfolders that also need to be shared and kept intact.

The suggestion from support was to make a folder in either of the Archive or Public folders, copy the deleted mailboxes into there, give the appropriate users permissions, then only those users would see those folders.

When I have tried to do this with the public folder, all users can see all the folders even though they have specific permissions set. I presume this is because of the authuser entry, as if I remove that, nobody can see anything.

When I try to do this with the archive folder, the users cannot see the subfolder unless they have rights at the top level of the archive folder.

So it would seem that although subfolder sharing works in the Archive and Public folders, the permissions on subfolders are automatically inherited.

Does anyone know how the permissions entries in acl.fld and status.fld work? Is it possible to add deny entries?

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm going round in circles talking with several different people in support.

Many thanks,

•  
sedell

iigs wrote on Wed, 18 October 2006 07:32

When I have tried to do this with the public folder, all users can see all the folders even though they have specific permissions set. I presume this is because of the authuser entry, as if I remove that, nobody can see anything.

In this case, you'd want to remove the authuser. That will prevent everyone from seeing it. Then you have to add the users you want to be able to view the folders.

Personally, I would avoid using the archive for this. Get the permissions wrong and you could possibly have the entire company reading each others mail. Best bet is to stick to the public folders.

Scott
  •  
iigs

It would appear there was corruption in the mailboxes that was stopping the permissions from propagating automatically. I tried recreating the deleted mailbox and restoring it from a backup but the corruption was still there somehow. Had to manually recreate the folder structure and copy the messages in manually.
Previous Topic: Private calendar share
Next Topic: PASS command failed: -ERR [IN-USE]
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:49:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00339 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.