Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Handling of international characters in mailing list
  •  
teko92

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I experience a problem with special characters (e.g. Danish /) on mailing lists. They show as strange characters in the Outlook mail browser.

I have the mailing list set-up on Kerio 6.2.2. and when the members write special characters they are corrupted. When sending normal email from/through accounts on the same Kerio server there seems to be no problem. With other mailing lists that I subscribe to (non-Kerio), Outlook works fine showing the special characters.

Is there something with Kerio that can be set up in this sense or is there another solution you can think of?

Thanks
Troels
  •  
gigante

It´s the same in version 6.3. with the Swedish Characters and . The error only seems to appere If you are using Outlook as mailclient. They show as they shuld in the webmail, and other mailclients (ex. hotmail).

I upgraded from ver 5.6 and it worked fine before upgrading.

/ Gigane
  •  
gigante

I found out how to get around this problem !
I have more then one mailinglist and only a few was haveing this error.
This is how Swedish comes out in mails sent from MS Outlook: å¤ö och …„–

The problem seems to be courced by the "footer" function, or maby in combinding with archiving funktion.

Delete the footer (auto-text at the end of all messages).
And perhaps also uncheck the box for archiving.

Hopfully someone at Kerio reads this and fix it in the next version, so we can start using the fotter again.

I will continue with trying to use archive. And to use fotter with aao instead of . Perhaps it works?

Cheers / Gigante
Previous Topic: KOC AD integration
Next Topic: NTLM Authentication linux
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:43:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.