Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » POP3: Inconsistent Delivery
  •  
Gardem

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I started a job as IT Manager last week and the company are running Kerio Mail Server. All my email experience has been with Microsoft Exchange so I am having 2 try 2 get my head round this software ASAP.

At the moment my main problem is that POP3 download from an external source is very hit and miss and only seems to work correctly if the mail server is rebooted. I contacted Tech Support and they were extremely helpful, advising me on numerous things as well as to upgrade from v6.1.4 to v6.2.2. With their help I managed 2 track down missing emails (going 2 admin account) and, after upgrading to v6.2.2 get POP3 coming back in to the company as external mail had not been working 4 most of the day. However, I have now sent test mails 2 myself over the weekend and POP3 seems not 2 b working again as none r appearing when I log in 2 my account via webmail.

There are a number of problems within the IT Infrastructure which, long term, I have 2 resolve including a software firewall (IPCOP) and only a 2MB ADSL line in 2 the office. I think neither of these r helping but aren't the whole reason 4 POP3 not working correctly as if the firewall was not configured correctly we would not receive any email at all.

Internal email is ok as is sending mail 2 external sources (arrives in a minute), just receiving POP3 that seems sporadic!!!

Any advice any1 can offer would be greatly appreciated as my first priority is 2 ensure a reliable email system is in place and i can then begin tackling the other issues. As it stands I am spending most of my time trying to figure out y external emails work and then stop!!!

Not sure what config info people may need 2 assist and as I am unable 2 access my network remotely at present (long term agenda) I will have 2 try 2 remember off the top of my head:

Kerio MailServer v6.2.2

Cheers
Previous Topic: Task order in Outlook folder connected to KMS
Next Topic: Entourage 2001
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 17:56:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00331 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.