Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Moving to new hardware
  •  
grussell

Send a private message to this user
Hey hey,

I've been evaluating KMS and am impressed, so I've moved a batch of users onto the system. We are about to purchase a license for the software as our evaluation version is about to expire, but we won't have the hardware that KMS will ultimately run on for a few more weeks.

Is there a somewhat easy way to migrate an installation from one machine to another? KMS is currently installed on an eMac, and it will be migrated to either an Xserve or a Mac Pro running OSX Server. I've read about how to move the mail store, but can the license key be moved to a new machine?

Thanks,

Gabe
  •  
sonofcolin

Install demo version of KMS on xserver. Stop mailserver process.

Login as root user on emac and copy /usr/local/kerio/* to /usr/local/ on your xserve (replaces demo install). Start mailserver. That's it.
  •  
grussell

Sounds easy enough. Thanks!
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

•  
erikvg

Nice procedure, but it does not work.

My Admin account password is hashed on one testmachine as SHA and on the new testserver it is XOR.

Whatever I do, copy/paste/edit username, it won't login into the Adminpanel after moving the cfg-files...

So what else do we need to do?
This is definately throwing sand in my food...
If I cannot fix this simple mailstore and config movement from one to another server, I'm back to square one and will need to find other mail-solutions...
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I'm afraid I don't understand what's wrong here. Configuration files are same in old and new KMS installation because they were moved from old server to new one.
Did you follow the steps exactly?

Don't forget to stop KMS before copying cfg files.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 July 2007 17:14]

•  
erikvg

Yes, I did not read it before, but my logic way of doing migrations was exactly like the procedure.
The only thing that might be a problem, is how passwords are made in Kerio.
If it uses SHA, does it contain any reference to the hardware or other things which might differ on the new server, building a hash for the password?
If so, it would make sence. But even setting password to NUL or copying the original password from the fresh install won't do me good.
Anyway, will try digging in a bit deeper once more and try to find my own glitch Wink
  •  
erikvg

How about Admin<_a.t_>localhost as username...........

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Previous Topic: Create calendar entries though .eml generation or some other way
Next Topic: Using Kerio Mail Server as an Email Gateway.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 06:39:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.