Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple Active Connections PER USER in admin console????
  •  
silver02suby

Send a private message to this user
I'm running KMS 6.2.2 build 1416 on Mac OS X Server... roughly 15 PCs and two Macs for clients. All the PCs have Outlook 2003 SP2 and are using the KOC. The two Macs use Mail.app and iCal.app.

*EVERY* Outlook user is complaining of horrificly slow performance, Outlook hangs, Outlook crashes ... and I've seen that this is true. One user noticed that when Outlook hangs, in the Windows Event Viewer there is a "svchost.exe" pegged at 99% CPU and hogging over 100MB ram on the local machine.

More strange... why do I show multiple IMAP connections in the Active Connections view of admin console, for every user? Some users have 4 or 5 "active connections" at the same time. I have multiple Outlook Connector Channels on some users, and multiples of Folder ~email<_at_>domain.com/INBOX for some users. There's no pattern that I can see.

Also ... anyone use the Universal Binary version yet? We're on a dual processor Core Duo Xeon Mac OS X Server, so I'm guessing KMS is running in Rosetta, which I'm SURE doesn't help. :) Any input would be great!

-Bill
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Send a private message to this user
It is normal for the IMAP protocol to make multiple connections to a server. KOC uses IMAP, so it will be normal to see up to 8 connections per KOC user. The multiple connections do not cause 'more than normal' load on the server. This is just how the IMAP protocol works.

As for slow KOC performance, please submit a support ticket and we can help you troubleshoot your issue.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: MS outlook 2003 with KOC
Next Topic: a new version but no footer improvement
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:34:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00315 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.